Marsha Qualey Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts, correspondence, proofs, notes, and research for nine young adult novels written by Marsha Qualey and published in the 1990s and early 2000s.
- Creation: 1984 - 2004
- Qualey, Marsha (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Author Marsha Qualey was born in Austin, MN, on May 27, 1953. She attended Macalester College in St. Paul, MN for one year and received a B. A. from the University of Minnesota. Her books for young adult readers often take place in Minnesota and frequently feature intergenerational conflict. She lives in Plymouth, Minnesota.
"Marsha Qualey (1953-). "Something About the Author. Vol. 124. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2002.
4.15 Cubic Feet (4 boxes [3 record cartons and 1 hollinger box])
Language of Materials
The collection contains typescripts and related production material for young adult novels written by author Marsha Qualey.
Collection guide is arranged alphabetically by published title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Marsha Qualey.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Authors, American -- 21st century
- Dating (social customs) -- Juvenile fiction
- Death -- Juvenile fiction
- Detective and mystery stories
- Drug abuse -- Juvenile fiction
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Grief -- Juvenile fiction
- Interpersonal relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Iraq-Kuwait Crisis, 1990-1991 -- Juvenile fiction
- Murder -- Juvenile fiction
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- Juvenile fiction
- Young adult fiction, American
- Marsha Qualey Papers, 1984-2004
- Larry Peterson, April 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- September 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library