Alec Buckels Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains lithograph prints created for the children's book of poems Come Hither, compiled by Walter de la Mare and illustrated by Alec Buckels.
- circa 1923
- Buckels, Alec (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Alec Buckels was an artist, printmaker, and a writer/illustrator of children's books. He was elected an Associate of the Royal Society of Painter-Etchers and Engravers in 1924. He was born in 1892 and died in 1972.
"Alec Buckels." The British Museum. Accessed July 2020. www.britishmuseum.org/collection/term/BIOG21250.
Language of Materials
The collection consists of original art for a single children's book illustrated by Alec Buckels.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's poetry, English Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- England Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lithographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Alec Buckels Collection, circa 1923
- Nancy Larsen
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library