Sharon Lerner Papers
Scope and Contents
The Sharon Lerner papers consist of material associated with the picture book I Found a Leaf. The collections includes illustrations, illustrator's dummies, publisher's dummies, and text proofs.
- circa 1964
- Lerner, Sharon (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Sharon Ruth Lerner was born November 9, 1938 in Chicago, Ill and married Henry J. Lerner June 25, 1961. After graduating from the University of Minnesota in 1961, Lerner began her publishing career with Lerner Publications as vice-president and art director. In 1969, she and her husband, president of Lerner Publications, founded Carolrhoda Books, Inc., publishers of illustrated fiction and non-fiction story books for juveniles, of which she was president. During the course of her career, Lerner was author and illustrator of eighteen children's books. She died of cancer on March 8, 1982.
"Sharon Ruth Lerner." Something About the Author. Vol. 29. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1982.
Language of Materials
The Sharon Lerner papers consist of production material associated with one children's book written and illustrated by Sharon Lerner.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Sharon Lerner.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Leaves -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sharon Lerner Papers, circa 1964
- David E Byer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- July 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library