Ting-Ju Shao Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains pencil and watercolor illustrations for two picture books illustrated by Ting-Ju Shao and published in Taiwan. All were signed and dated by the illustrator in 2003.
- circa 2000-2003
- Shao, Tingru, 1963- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Taiwanese artist Shao Ting-ju is a ceramist and illustrator who has exhibited her ceramics around the world. In the 1980s she graduated from the English Department of Christ’s College at Guandu, Taipei, County. Instead of continuing her studies abroad, she chose to open her own pottery studio in a suburb of Taipei. She has also become an illustrator, primarily of cards and notebooks, but has also illustrated several books.
Chou, Wilma. "Double Happiness" Taiwan Review, December 1, 2005. http://taiwanreview.nat.gov.tw/fp.asp?xItem=1158&CtNode=128.
Language of Materials
The collection contains pencil and watercolor illustrations for two picture books titles.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Ting-Ju Shao, 2004.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fairy tales Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 21st century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- Taiwan Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- watercolors (paintings) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ting-Ju Shao Papers, circa 2000-2003
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- April 2023: Collection reprocessed and collection guide updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library