Lynne Jonell Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains written production material for the picture book Mommy Go Away!, written by Lynne Jonell, including typescripts, correspondence, notes, and reviews. Included in the collection is an letter of advice written by Trina Schart Hyman to Jonell, which was published in the Summer 1994 issue of Once Upon a Time.
- 1989 - 1998
- Jonell, Lynne (Person)
- Hyman, Trina Schart (Correspondent, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Lynne Jonell was born in Little Falls, Minnesota, the child of a pastor and a music teacher. She writes both picture books and novels for children. She teaches writing at the Loft Literary Center and lives in Plymouth, Minnesota.
Biographical source: Lynne Jonell personal website. Accessed June 2020. www.lynnejonell.com.
Language of Materials
The collection includes production material for one picture book written by Lynne Jonell.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Lynne Jonell.
- Authors, American -- 21st century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Baths -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mothers and sons -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lynne Jonell Papers, 1989-1998
- Jim Eyer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2016: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library