David Patneaude Papers
Scope and Contents
The David Patneaude Papers contain typescripts, page proofs, research, and related material for the creation of the novel Thin Wood Walls.
- 2003-2004, undated
- Patneaude, David (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
David Patneaude was born January 2, 1944, in St. Paul, Minnesota. He now lives in Woodinville, Washington. He made his name as a children's and young adult book author with creepy, suspenseful tales with books like his first novel Someone was Watching. With Thin Wood Walls, published in 2004, he branches out into a new genre: historical fiction. The book follows Japanese-American boy Joe Handa, as his family tries to cope with prejudice against people of Japanese ancestry during World War II.
Biographical Source: "David Patneaude." Something About the Author. Vol. 159. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2005.
.4 Cubic Feet (1 hollinger box)
Language of Materials
The collection contains production material for one book by David Patneaude.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of David Patneaude
- Authors, American -- 21st century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Japanese Americans -- Forced removal and internment, 1942-1945 -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- David Patneaude Papers, 2003-2004, undated
- Larry Peterson
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- December 2016: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library