Natalie Bober Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of production materials for published titles by Natalie Bober. Materials include typescripts, galley proofs, research materials, photographs, clippings, and page proofs. Miscellaneous research materials, letters from children, and unidentified typescripts are also included in the collection. The collection also contains some digital files for Thomas Jefferson: Draftsman of a Nation.
- 1963 - 2009
- Bober, Natalie S. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room. Digital files are accessible on-site only.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Natalie Bober was born on December 27, 1930 in New York, NY. She received her B.A. at Hunter College in 1951 and her M.S. at Hofstra University in 1966. Bober is a noted biographer and historian, focusing her time on writing biographies for young adults. Topics of her biographies have ranged from poets such as William Wordsworth and Robert Frost, on visual artists, including American sculptor Louise Nevelson and Russian painter Marc Chagall, and noted American historical figures such as Thomas Jefferson and Abigail Adams.
21 Cubic Feet (17 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of production materials for published titles by Natalie Bober and other professional papers.
Publications are arranged alphabetically by title, while Miscellaneous materials are divided into the subseries Correspondence, Research, and Unpublished or Unidentifed materials.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Natalie Bober.
- Adams, Abigail, 1744-1818 (Depicted) -- Juvenile literature
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Chagall, Marc, 1887-1985 (Depicted) -- Juvenile literature
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's poetry, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frost, Robert, 1874-1963 (Depicted) -- Juvenile literature
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Nevelson, Louise, 1899-1988 (Depicted) -- Juvenile literature
- Wordsworth, William, 1770-1850 (Depicted) -- Juvenile literature
- Natalie Bober Papers, 1963-2009
- CLRC staff.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2013; updated September 2014: Collection reprocessed by Laura Howard; EAD updated by Karen Spilman; Caitlin Marineau
- October 2016: Digital material transferred to Q drive by Carol Kussman and added to Finding Aid by Caitlin Marineau
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library