Jean Thesman Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of corrected typescripts, correspondence, notes, and research for over thirty titles written by Jean Thesman.
- Creation: 1985 - 2001
- Thesman, Jean (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Jean Thesman has published nearly 40 books in her 25 years as a writer, some of them under the name of T.J. Bradstreet. Her novels for young adults range from fantasy and history to suspense and contemporary fiction, and focus on the emotional, social, and familial struggles that teenagers face. Thesman's works have won a number of awards from the American Library Association, the International Reading Association, and the Young Adult Library Services Association. She is married with three children and lives in the Pacific Northwest.
Information sourced from: "Jean Thesman." Something About the Author. Vol. 124. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2002.
5.4 Cubic Feet (4 record cartons, 1 hollinger box)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of production material for over thirty titles written by Jean Thesman.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Jean Thesman.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Brothers and sisters -- Juvenile fiction
- Cousins -- Juvenile fiction
- Dating (social customs) -- Juvenile fiction
- Fairy Tales
- Families -- Juvenile fiction
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Grief -- Juvenile fiction
- High schools -- Juvenile fiction
- Interpersonal relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Mothers and daughters -- Juvenile fiction
- Psychological abuse -- Juvenile fiction
- Sisters -- Juvenile fiction
- Young adult fiction, American
- Jean Thesman Papers, 1985-2001
- CLRC Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2016: Collection reprocessed and Finding Aid updated
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library