David Geister Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of pencil studies, corrected typescripts, and research material for The Legend of Minnesota, written by Kathy-jo Wargin and illustrated by David Geister.
- circa 2006
- Geister, David (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
David Geister is an artist who grew up in Prescott, Wisconsin, where he was first inspired by nature, art, and history. In 1984, he graduated from Dakota County Technical College with a degree in Applied Arts and later served for four years in the United States Marine Corps. Geister creates landscapes and depictions of American history with a variety of mediums, including oil, watercolor, and pencil. His illustrations have been featured by The Saturday Evening Post, The History Channel Magazine, The Minnesota Historical Society, and a number of historical children's books for the Sleeping Bear Press. Geister lives in Minneapolis with his wife and two stepdaughters.
Biographical Source: David Geister personal website. www.davidgeister.com.
Language of Materials
This collection consists of pencil studies, corrected typescripts, and research material for one picture book illustrated by David Geister.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Illustration of books -- 21st century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ojibwe Indians -- Folklore Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ojibwe mythology -- Minnesota -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sketches Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- David Geister papers, circa 2006
- CLRC Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library