Emil Weiss Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains original illustrations for 23 children's books illustrated by Emil Weiss, including It's Like This, Catand .A Spy in Old New Orleans. Many of the books are nonfiction works about various cities of the world.
- Creation: circa 1959-circa 1966
- Weiss, Emil, 1896-1965 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Language of Materials
Collection contains illustrations for children's books illustrated by Emil Weiss.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by the illustrator's son, Jan V. White, from 1969-1985.
- White, Jan V. (Donor, Person)
- Ben-Gurion, David, 1886-1973 -- Juvenile literature (Depicted, Person)
- Gallaudet, T. H. (Thomas Hopkins), 1787-1851 -- Juvenile literature (Depicted, Person)
- Braille, Louis, 1809-1852 -- Juvenile literature (Depicted, Person)
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Delhi (India) -- Description and travel -- Juvenile literature
- New York (N.Y.) -- Juvenile fiction
- Paris (France) -- Description and travel -- Juvenile literature
- Rome (Italy) -- Description and travel -- Juvenile literature
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- Description and travel -- Juvenile literature
- United States -- Politics and government -- Juvenile literature
- Volga River (Russia) -- Juvenile literature
- Washington (D.C.) -- Juvenile literature
- Emil Weiss Papers, circa 1959-circa 1966
- Karen Spilman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- January 2021: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library