Meg Wohlberg Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains dummies, illustrations, correspondece and jacket illustrations for 22 children's books illustrated by Meg Wohlberg, including Where's Andy?and The Bear Who Couldn't Sleep.
- Creation: circa 1940-circa 1968
- Wohlberg, Meg (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Meg Wohlberg was born on February 6, 1905 in New York City. She worked as an adversiting illustrator during the 1930s before beginning her career as a children's book illustrator in the 1940s. She is the illustrator of dozens of children's books, including the Andyseries by Jane Thayer (Catherine Woolley). Meg Wohlberg died on December 10, 1990.
"Meg Wohlberg (1905-1990)." Something About the Author. Vol. 41 and 66. Detroit, MI: Gale, 1985 and 1991.
Language of Materials
Collection contains illustrative material for picture books illustrated by Meg Wohlberg.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Meg Wohlberg.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Animals -- Juvenile fiction
- Ballet -- Juvenile fiction
- Bears -- Juvenile fiction
- Cats -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's literature -- Illustrations
- Children's stories, American
- Horses -- Juvenile fiction
- Imagination -- Juvenile fiction
- Monkeys -- Juvenile fiction
- Picture books
- Play -- Juvenile fiction
- Prayer -- Juvenile literature
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction
- Sex role -- Juvenile fiction
- Meg Wohlberg Papers, circa 1940-circa 1968
- Karen Spilman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- October 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library