Lauren Stringer Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection contains print production materials and original illustrations for children's books written and/or illustrated by Lauren Stringer. Items include original acrylic illustrations, studies, sketches, correspondence, typescripts, and other related materials.
- Creation: 1995 - 2017
- Stringer, Lauren (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Lauren Stringer was born on March 29, 1957 in Great Falls, Montana. She studied art and art history at the University of California - Santa Cruz and did an independent study program at the Whitney Museum of American Art. The first book she illustrated was Mary Lyn Ray's Mud in 1996. Stringer is a painter and a sculptor and has worked as an art handler, designer, set painter, and framer, among other jobs, in Minneapolis, St. Paul, MN and New York City. Her work in children's illustrations is well-renowned and she has won many honors, including the Society of Illustrators 1998 exhibition title for Scarecrow.
Biographical sources: "Lauren Stringer." Something About the Author. Vol. 183. Detroit, MI: Gale, 2008.
15.5 Cubic Feet (10 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection contains print and art production materials for over a dozen titles written and/or illustrated by Lauren Stringer.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Lauren Stringer.
- Stravinsky, Igor, 1882-1971 -- Juvenile literature (Depicted, Person)
- Nijinsky, Vaslaw, 1890-1950 -- Juvenile literature (Depicted, Person)
- Wright, Frank Lloyd, 1867-1959 -- Juvenile literature (Depicted, Person)
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Animals -- Juvenile fiction
- Authors, American -- 21st century
- Autumn -- Juvenile fiction
- Bedtime -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's literature -- Illustrations
- Children's stories, American
- Dance -- Juvenile fiction
- Dwellings -- Juvenile fiction
- Evolution (biology) -- Juvenile fiction
- Fear -- Juvenile fiction
- Imagination -- Juvenile fiction
- Picture books
- Rain and rainfall -- Juvenile fiction
- Scarecrows -- Juvenile fiction
- Snow -- Juvenile fiction
- Spring -- Juvenile fiction
- Stories in rhyme
- Toys -- Juvenile fiction
- Winter -- Juvenile fiction
- Lauren Stringer Papers, 1995-2017
- CLRC Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- December 17, 2015: Collection reprocessed by Teresa Tjepkes, EAD updated by Teresa Tjepkes.
- September 2020: New material added and description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library