Mary Bahr Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains one photocopy of a typescript for the picture book My Brother Loved Snowflakes, written by Mary Bahr.
- circa 2002
- Fritts, Mary Bahr, 1946- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Mary Bahr Fritts was born in 1946 and wrote several picture books for children, including My Brother Loved Snowflakes and The Memory Box. Her hometown was Bemidji, Minnesota, and later lived in Colorado. She died in 2014.
Language of Materials
The Mary Bahr Collection contains a typescript photocopy for one picture book.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Snow -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mary Bahr Collection, circa 2002
- Nancy Larsen
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- August 2018: Collection reprocessed and finding aid updated by Caitlin Marineau
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library