Vera D. Petersen Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains various material related to the life and career of children's literature professor Vera D. Petersen. The collection contains several folders of correspondence, including significant collections of letters with Beatrix Potter biographer Margaret Lane (Lady Huntingdon), Nura Ulreich, and Tasha Tudor. Also included in the collections are miscellaneous notes, ephemera, and clippings collected by Petersen, some teaching materials and notes, as well as her college diplomas.
- Creation: 1945 - 1989
- Petersen, Vera D., 1913- (Person)
- Lane, Margaret, 1907-1994 (Correspondent, Person)
- Tudor, Tasha (Correspondent, Person)
- Ulreich, Nura Woodson, 1899-1950 (Correspondent, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Dr. Vera D. Petersen was an Associate Professor of Education at Portland State College in Portland, OR, in the 1950s and 1960s. She taught courses in children's literature and story telling.
1.65 Cubic Feet (2 boxes [1 record carton and 1 hollinger record box])
Language of Materials
The Vera Petersen collection contains correspondence and miscellaneous materials collected by Dr. Vera D. Petersen.
The Collection is arranged into three series:
- Diplomas and Certificates
- Clippings, ephemera, notes, and miscellaneous material
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Vera D. Petersen.
- Vera D. Petersen papers, 1945-1989
- Larry Peterson, March 2005. Updated by Meredith Gillies, 2010.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- May 2023: Collection reprocessed and collection guide updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library