A. (Alexandria) LaFaye Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts, correspondence, production material, and reader mail for children's and young adult books by Alexandria LaFaye (A. LaFaye), including unpublished works.
- Creation: 1994-2017, undated
- LaFaye, A. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
A. (Alexandria) LaFaye was born March 9, 1970, in Hudson, WI. She graduated from the University of Minnesota, before earning an MA in Children's Literature from Hollins University, an MFA in Creative Writing from the University of Memphis, and a Ph.D. from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. In addition to her writing she is a professor of English and creative writing at Greeville College and Hollins University. She currently lives in Arkansas with her family.
7.25 Cubic Feet (6 record cartons)
Language of Materials
The Alexandria LaFaye Papers contain typescripts and production material for novels and unpublished works by LaFaye.
Collection arranged alphabetically by book title, with miscellaneous material at the end.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Alexandria LaFaye.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Louisiana -- Juvenile fiction
- Nebraska -- Juvenile fiction
- United States -- History -- 1865-1898 -- Juvenile fiction
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Children's stories, American
- City and town life -- Juvenile fiction
- Divorce -- Juvenile fiction
- Families -- Juvenile fiction
- Fathers and daughters -- Juvenile fiction
- Fathers and sons -- Juvenile fiction
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Juvenile fiction
- Irish Americans -- Juvenile fiction
- Mothers and daughters -- Juvenile fiction
- Novels in verse
- Orphans -- Juvenile fiction
- Race relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Self-perception -- Juvenile fiction
- Selkies -- Juvenile fiction
- Young adult fiction, American
- Alexandria LaFaye Papers, 1994-2017
- Caitlin Marineau
- September 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 3/12/2018: Carter Lynn Thurmond processed new material, adding an additional box to the collection.
- May 2022: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library