Mary Losure Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection contains typescripts, correspondence, research, dummies, proofs, notes, clippings and other materials collected by the author for four books. It also contains books the author used for research. In addition to the printed materials, the collection contains digital files for four published works, as well several unpubished stories.
- Creation: 2001-2016, Undated
- Losure, Mary (Author, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room. Digital files may be accessed on-site only.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Mary Losure writes both non-fiction and fantasy for children. Before she was a children’s book author, she was an award-winning reporter for Minnesota Public Radio. A long-time contributor to National Public Radio, she also reported from Mexico and South America for the independent production company Round Earth Media.
Information sourced from: "Bio." Mary Losure personal website. Accessed June 2020. https://marylosure.com/bio/.
2.5 Cubic Feet (2 record boxes)
3.66 Gigabytes (2,186 files)
Language of Materials
The Mary Losure Papers contain original typescripts and related materials for works written by Losure.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by book title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mary Losure
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
- Abandoned children -- France -- Aveyron -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Children's stories, American
- Fairies -- England -- Juvenile literature
- Feral children -- France -- Aveyron -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- Magic -- Juvenile fiction
- Witches -- Juvenile fiction
- Mary Losure Papers, 2001-2016, undated
- Kristell Benson
- October 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library