Ann W. Turner Papers
Scope and Contents
The Ann Turner papers contains typescripts, editorial correspondence, and page proofs for titles written by Turner in the 1990s, including picture books and novels. The collection also contains a series of editorial correspondence with several different publishers, as well as the typescript for an unpublished work.
- Turner, Ann Warren (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Ann Warren Turner was born in 1945 in Northampton, MA. She attended Bates College before earning an M.A. from the University of Massachusetts. She has written dozens of books, including picture books, non-fiction, novels, and poetry for children and teen audiences. She lives in Massachusetts.
1.25 Cubic Feet (1 record carton)
Language of Materials
The collection contains typescripts and production material for titles by Ann Warren Turner.
Arranged alphabetically by title or series name.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Ann Turner.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Picture books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ann W. Turner Papers, 1990-1998
- Ellen Sugg, Caitlin Marineau
- October 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library