Barbara Rinkoff Papers
Scope and Contents
The Barbara Rinkoff Papers contain two corrected typescripts, a corrected proof, notes, and corrected front matter for the novel The Watchers.
- 1971-1972, undated
- Rinkoff, Barbara (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Barbara Jean (Rich) Rinkoff was born January 1923 in New York. She earned her BA from New York University in 1943. Before turning to write books for children, she worked as a social worker in Harlem. She died of cancer in Mr. Kisco, NY in 1975.
Language of Materials
The collection contains corrected typescripts and production material for The Watchers.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Barbara Rinkoff.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's stories, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Barbara Rinkoff Papers, 1971-1972, undated
- Caitlin Marineau
- October 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library