Caroline Stevermer Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains typescripts, correspondence, jacket proofs, and a short write-up on the history of the drafts for River Rats. The correspondence includes letters from editor Jane Yolen.
- circa 1986-1992, 2008
- Stevermer, Caroline (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Caroline Stevermer was born and grew up in southeast Minnesota. She earned a BA in Art History from Bryn Mawr College. She lives in Minnesota and primarily writes in the genre of fantasy and historical fiction for young adults.
Language of Materials
Contains drafts and production material for one young adult novel by Caroline Stevermer.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Caroline Stevermer.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mississippi River -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Science fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult fiction, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Caroline Stevermer Papers, 1986-1992, 2008
- Caitlin Marineau
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library