Harriette Gillem Robinet Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains typescripts and related production material for seven titles by Harriette Robinet.
- Creation: 1988-2002
- Robinet, Harriette (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Harriette Gillem Robinet, writer of historical fiction for young readers, was born in 1931 in Washington D.C. and attended the College of New Rochelle and Catholic University of America, where she received graduate degrees in microbiology. She lives in Oak Park, Illinois.
2.5 Cubic Feet (2 record cartons)
Language of Materials
Contains production materials for seven titles by Harriette Gillem Robinet.
Collection arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Harriette Gillem Robinet.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Boycotts -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's stories, American
- Eight-hour movement -- Juvenile fiction
- Fires -- Illinois -- Chicago -- Juvenile fiction
- Haymarket Square Riot, Chicago, Ill., 1866 -- Juvenile fiction
- Labor movement -- Illinois -- Chicago -- Juvenile fiction
- Labor movement -- Race relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Juvenile fiction
- Western stories
- Harriette Gillem Robinet Papers, 1988-2002
- Ellen Sugg, Caitlin Marineau
- November 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library