Dwight Mutchler Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a pastel paste-up dummy for The True Book fo Farm Animals, written by John Lewellen and illustrated by Mutchler.
- circa 1954
- Mutchler, Dwight, 1903-1976 (Illustrator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Aritst Dwight Mutchler was born in 1903. He lived in Ohio and taught at Ohio University from 1950 to 1968. He died in 1973.
Language of Materials
Contains a pastel paste-up dummy for one title.
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Domestic animals -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pastels (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Dwight Mutchler Papers, circa 1954
- Caitlin Marineau
- May 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.