James Kruss Papers
Scope and Contents
Contains typescripts, proofs, and sketches for titles by James Krüss. The collection also contains some materials translated by Edelgard von Heydekampf Brühl.
- 1968, undated
- Krüss, James, 1926-1997 (Person)
- Heydekampf Brühl, Edelgard von (Translator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
James Krüss was born in Heligoland, Germany in 1926. He was a writer, illustrator, and translator, and was awarded the Hans Christian Andersen Medal in 1968. He died in 1997.
.4 Cubic Feet (1 hollinger box)
Language of Materials
Contains production material for German and English works by James Krüss.
Finding Aid arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of James Krüss
- Authors, German -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, German Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, German -- Translations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's poetry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Short stories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Yugoslavia Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- James Kruss Papers, 1968, undated
- Caitlin Marineau
- May 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library