Anders C. Shafer Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains watercolor and acrylic studies, pencil sketches, proofs, and correspondence for The Fantastic Journey of Pieter Bruegel by Anders Shafer.
- 1988 - 2002
- Shafer, Anders C. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Artist Anders C. Shafer was born in Ohio and lived in Arkansas, France, and Washington D.C. during his childhood. He studied at the University of Iowa and the University of Cincinnati. He lives in Wisconsin, and is Professor Emeritus at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
1.24 Cubic Feet (1 flat box)
Language of Materials
Contains process art and related material for one title by Anders Shafer.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Anders C. Shafer
- Artists -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bruegel, Pieter, approximately 1525-1569 (Depicted) -- Juvenile fiction
- Children's literature -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Illustration of books -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sketches Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Voyages and travels -- Juvenile fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- acrylic paintings (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- watercolors (paintings) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Anders C. Shafer Papers, 1988-2002
- Caitlin Marineau
- June 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library