Marc Aronson Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains production material for various titles written or cowritten by Aronson, as well as several anthologies he edited. The collection includes typescripts and printer's proofs, notes, correspondence, notes, and research articles. The collection also includes his books written in collaboration with his wife, Marina Budhos, which are filed with her papers but listed on this collection guide.
- Creation: Majority of material found within 1998 - 2021
- Aronson, Marc (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Marc Aronson is an author of nonfiction and fiction children's literature. Born in 1950, Aronson earned a Ph.D. in American History from New York University. He is married to Marina Budhos, who has coauthored several works with him, and lives in New Jersey.
6.25 Cubic Feet (5 record cartons)
Language of Materials
Marc Aronson's papers focus on his work as an author of nonfiction and anthology editor of children's literature. The collection contains production material for various titles published between 2005-2014.
Finding Aid arranged alphabetically by title
The files for Sugar Changed the World and Eyes of the World listed on the collection guide are stored in the Marina Budhos Papers boxes.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Marc Aronson and Marina Budhos
- Budhos, Marina Tamar (Collaborator, Person)
- Hoover, J. Edgar (John Edgar), 1895-1972 -- Juvenile literature (Depicted, Person)
- Kennedy, Robert F., 1925-1968 -- Juvenile literature (Depicted, Person)
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Israel -- History -- Juvenile literature
- Spain -- History -- Photography -- Juvenile literature
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Juvenile literature
- Animals, fossil -- Juvenile literature
- Authors, American -- 21st century
- Caving -- Search and rescue operations -- Juvenile literature
- Human beings -- Origin -- Juvenile literature
- Lead poisoning -- Michigan -- Flint -- Juvenile literature
- Mine accidents -- Juvenile literature
- Photojournalists -- Europe -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- Race -- History -- Juvenile literature
- San José Mine Accident, Chile, 2010 -- Juvenile literature
- Stonehenge (England) -- Juvenile literature
- Sugar -- History -- Juvenile literature
- Sugar trade -- History -- Juvenile literature
- War -- Juvenile literature
- Water -- Juvenile literature
- Marc Aronson Papers, 1998-2020
- Carter Thurmond
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
- April 2022: New material added and collection guide updated by Caitlin Marineau.
- November 2022: New material added and collection guide updated by Carter Thurmond.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library