Marina Budhos Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains production material for various titles written by Budhos. The collection includes typescripts and printer's proofs, notes, correspondence, notes, and research articles. The collection also includes two books, Sugar Changed the World and Eyes of the World, which were witten in collaboration with her husband, Marc Aronson.
- Creation: Majority of material found within 2002 - 2022
- Budhos, Marina Tamar (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Marina Budhos is an author of nonfiction and fiction children's literature. She has also worked as a journalist and English professor, and was a Fulbright Scholar in 1992-1993. Born in Queens, New York, she is currently married to Marc Aronson, who has coauthored several works with her, and lives in New Jersey.
5.55 Cubic Feet (5 boxes [3 record cartons and 1 oversize hollinger box]) : Shared titles for Marina Budhos and Marc Aronson listed in both authors' collection guides, but housed in Marina Budhos's papers.
Language of Materials
Marina Budhos's papers focus on her work as an author of nonfiction children's literature. The collection contains production material for various titles published between 2006 and 2019.
Collection guide arranged alphabetically by title.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Marina Budhos and Marc Aronson.
Materials Specific Details
Sugar Changed the World and Eyes of the World drafts are listed in both the Marina Budhos Papers and Marc Aronson Papers finding aids, but is physically housed with the Marina Budhos Papers.
translation missing: en.enumerations.subject_term_type.Topical
Genre / Form
- Authors, American -- 21st century
- Bangladeshi Americans -- Juvenile fiction
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- Photojournalists -- Europe -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- Race relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Slavery -- History -- Juvenile literature
- Sugar -- History -- Juvenile literature
- Sugar trade -- History -- Juvenile literature
- Marina Budhos Papers, 2002-2022
- Carter Thurmond
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- August 2019: New material added by Eliza Edwards and collection guide updated by Caitlin Marineau.
- March 2022: New material added and collection guide updated by Caitlin Marineau.
- November 2022: New material added and collection guide updated by Carter Thurmond.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library