Arthur A. Levine Books Papers
Scope and Contents
The Arthur A. Levine Papers consists of correspondence, personal holiday cards and photographs, conference material, and editoral file manuscripts and dummies related to the editorial work of Arthur A. Levine and his publishing imprint at Scholastic, Inc.
- 1949 - 2019
- Levine, Arthur A., 1962- (Editor, Person)
- Arthur A. Levine Books (Publisher, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Author and editor Arthur A. Levine is the editor of many children's books, including the United States publisher of Harry Potter and author Philip Pullman. Arthur A. Levine Books was founded as an imprint of Scholastic in 1996. Prior to the creation of Arthur A. Levine Books, Levine was Editor in Chief at Knopf Books for Young Readers
16.3 Cubic Feet (13 Boxes [10 record cartons, 2 hollinger boxes, 1 flat box])
Language of Materials
Arthur A. Levine is the publisher of many children's books, including the U.S. edition of Harry Potter and Philip Pullman. His papers consists of correspondence, personal and conference material, and editoral files.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Arthur A. Levine Books/Scholastic, Inc.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 21st century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Book editors Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publishers and publishing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scholastic Inc. (Publisher, Organization)
- Arthur A. Levine Books Papers, 1949-2019
- Carter Thurmond
- July 2, 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- June 2020: Description updated by Caitlin Marineau.
- November 2022: New material added by Carter Thurmond.
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Children's Literature Research Collections Collecting Area
Suite 113, Elmer L. Andersen Library