Alliance of Poles in America (Cleveland, Ohio) records
Records (1903-1932) of the Alliance of Poles in America include minutes of meetings of the Central Body of the Alliance (1917-1930) and its predecessor, the Alliance of Poles in State of Ohio (1907-1917), lists of officers, minutes of conventions (1907-1932), and texts and revisions of constitutions.
- Alliance of Poles in America (Cleveland, Ohio). (Organization)
Language of Materials
English and Polish
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
The Alliance of Poles in America (Cleveland, Ohio), a regional cultural and fraternal insurance organization, was founded in 1895 as the Alliance of Poles in State of Ohio. Its name was changed ca. 1917. The Alliance has 17,000 members and 83 branches in Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. It provides life insurance to members, cooperates with other Polish American organizatoins in cultural activities, sponsors clubs for Polish youth, maintains a library, and provides a scholarship fund.
1 Linear Feet
- Polish Americans -- Michigan -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Polish Americans -- Ohio -- Cleveland -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Polish Americans -- Pennsylvania -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English