Kostis Tamias Argoe papers
Papers (1930-1969) of Kostis Tamias Argoe include published and unpublished articles; one-act plays; records of Greek American cultural organizations in Chicago, Ill.; scrapbooks; and correspondence and printed material related to the Cyprus issue. Articles include those written for The Greek Press by Argoe under his pseudonymn Tzimis Brouklis; and clippings from the United Community Echo. Records include those of the Hellenic Cultural Circle of Chicago (1951-1969) and the Peloponnesian Study Society of Chicago (1932-1963). Materials on the Cyprus issue include correspondence and leaflets of the Justice for Cyprus Committee; Cypriot government publications; and clippings from major newspapers. Most materials date from 1930-1932 and 1951-1969.
- Argoe, , Kostis Tamias, 1899-1982 (Person)
Language of Materials
Mainly in English; some Greek
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
Kostis Tamias Argoe, born on June 5, 1899 (orginally Argyropoulos) was a Greek American journalist and community leader in Chicago, Ill. He was a graduate of the University of Wisconsin and taught history and political science at Wright City College.
3 Linear Feet (8 boxes)
- College teachers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greek American dramatists. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greek American journalists. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greek American theater. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greek Americans -- Illinois -- Chicago -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English