Austria. Foreign Affairs Ministry (Ministerium des Aussern. Wien) records
Records (1895-1914) of the Ministerium des Aussern, Austria, consist of selected consular reports and correspondence dealing with emigrants to the United States from the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Included is information on Slovakian and Galician immigration, Slovak newspapers, the Greek Catholic Church in the United States, Russian Orthodoxy, the Catholic Church, Latin Rite, in the United States, Galicians, and consuls in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Correspondents include Archibishop John Ireland of St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Austria, Ministerium des Aussern. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
2 Linear Feet
- Consular reports -- Austria Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ruthenians -- Religion. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Slovak American newspapers. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Slovak Americans -- Political activity. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area