Lionel B. Davis papers
Papers (1966-1971) of Lionel B. Davis consist of a typescript of a master's degree paper and another college paper on Finnish-American dance music (waltzes) as well as sheet music in manuscript, with Finnish titles, of Schottische dance tunes. Included in the collection are also memoirs of Rev. Alexander Ziskind Gurwitz, translated from Yiddish to English, "A Tale of Yesteryears", story of Nahum Ellia as told by his daughter Charnia Goldie Bernstein to William Mayberg of the Yiddish daily newspaper "The Day Jewish Journal" in Minneapolis.
- Davis, Lionel B. (Person)
Language of Materials
English and Finnish
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
5 linear inches
Collection donated to the IHRC by Lionel Davis of Minneapolis in 1974-2007.
- Dance music. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Family life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finnish Americans -- Music. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jewish Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Religious life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area