John Chinchenko papers
Papers (1934-1967) of John (Iwan Marian) Chinchenko (b. 1905), a Ukrainian Canadian botanist and plant physiologist, include biographical material and articles and papers on various scientific topics. Chinchenko was born in Ukraine, and before moving to Canada was professor of biology at Gannon College (Erie, Pa.), and Dunbarton College (Washington, D.C.).
- Chinchenko, John, 1905 (Person)
Language of Materials
Ukrainian and English
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
John (Iwan Marian) Chinchenko (b. 1905) was born in the Ukraine. He was educated at Uman Agricultural Institute and other universities and received his Ph.D. in 1959 from Laval University. He came to the United States following World War II and, after teaching and working at several universities and the USDA Dairy lab (Chicago, Ill.), went to Canada.
2.5 Linear Feet
- Botanists. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College teachers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Plant physiologists. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ukrainian Americans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ukrainians -- Canada. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area