International Institute of Erie records
Case files dating from the 1980s to 1990s.
- Creation: 1981-1999
- International Institute of Erie (Organization)
Language of Materials
Access to case files is restricted.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
The International Institute of Erie was established by the Erie YWCA in 1919. A degree of administrative autonomy was achieved in 1925 when the Community Chest of Erie decided to make separate appropriations to the YWCA and the Institute. Formal departure from the YWCA occurred in 1932. The Institute is an ACNS member agency today.
31 Linear Feet
Collection transferred to the IHRC in 1999-2001.
1.) Locations of records: Mercyhurst College Archives 501 East 38th Street,Erie, PA 16501
Collection: Records of the International Institute of Erie, 3 linear feet, inventory being prepared
Description: Institute scrapbooks (1919-ca. 1970)
2.) Location of records: International Institute 354 West 7th Street, Erie, PA 16502
Executive director: Mrs. Helen Metz
Extent: 43 linear feet
Description: Minutes of International Institute Advisory Committee (1920-1932); minutes of the Board of Directors (1932-present), annual reports (1920-1960), monthly narrative reports of the Director (1917-1927) financial reports and budgets (1920-1965); various studies of Institute operations and philosophy (with related documents), including one by the local Community Chest in 1937 and one by the Erie Council of Social Agencies in 1946 (1920-1946); studies of various nationality communities in the Erie area (1922-1937); International Folk Ball records (1953-present); newsletter (1959-1967); Interpreter Releases (1965-1974); case work records (1920-1970) N.B.
The Board of Directors of the Erie II has authorized the transfer of the agency's non-current records (case work records excluded) to the Mercyhurst College Archives. Transfer should be completed by December 31, 1978. Institute's website - 2010/3/16http://interinsterie.org/ CYWCA130 West 8th StreetErie, PA 16501 1 linear inchDescription: Annual reports (1920-1923)"
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English