Italy. Office of the Commissioner of Emigration (Commissariato Generale dell' Emigrazione) records
Records of the office pertain to emigration and immigration legislation (Italian and foreign), office activities, office personnel, and field offices in border towns and port cities. Inventory available (in Italian only). Negatives held by Centro Studi Emigrazione, Rome. Originals in Archivio Storico Diplomatico, Ministero degli Affari Esteri, Roma, Italia.
- Commissariato Generale dell' Emigrazione, Italia (Organization)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
18 Linear Feet
Collection acquired from the Center for Migration Studies in Rome, Italy, in 1982.
- Immigration issues Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Labor Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Political activity Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area