International Institute of New Haven records
Records (1928-1933) of the International Institute of New Haven, Connecticut consist of minutes and reports of the Institute's Committee, correspondence, monthly reports, and miscellany, including a "Study of Services for the Foreign-Born" done by the New Haven Council of Social Agencies.
- International Institute of New Haven (Connecticut). (Organization)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
The International Institute of New Haven, Connecticut, was established in 1919 under the auspices of the YWCA. It separated from the YWCA in 1932, and in September of that year, closed because of financial problems.
1 Linear Feet
Related collections at the IHRC are Records of the American Council for Nationalities Services as well as records of individual International Institutes in New Bedford (Mass.); Biddleford-Saco (Maine); Boston (Mass.); Buffalo (N.Y.); Lewiston (Maine); McKeesport (Pa.); Minnesota; New Castle (Pa.); Niagara Falls (N.Y.); St. Louis (Missouri); Baltimore (Md.); Jersey City (N.J.)
- Refugees -- Services for -- Connecticut -- New Haven. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Social settlements -- Connecticut -- New Haven. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Social work with immigrants -- Connecticut -- New Haven. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young Women's Christian Associations -- New Haven, Connecticut. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area