Kajastus Finnish Laborers Association, Milford, New Hampshire records
The records (1913-1966) of the "Kajastus" Finnish Laborers' Association (Milford, New Hampshire) comprise the official papers and by-laws (1913-1928); and clippings and articles on New England Finnish Americans (1951-1966).
- Kajastus Finnish Laborers Association (Milford, N.H.). (Organization)
Language of Materials
Finnish and English
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law. For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
The "Kajastus" Finnish Laborers' Association (Milford, New Hampshire) was founded in 1908 to promote socialism and the educational and spiritual development of Finnish workers in the area. The Association joined the Finnish Socialist Federation and the American Socialist Party. It drew its members from workers in nearby stone quarries. During the 1920 communist split within the Finnish Socialist Federation, the Association also split; the left-wing faction became the Finnish Workers Federation, and the right-wing remained in the Finnish Federation of the Socialist Party of the United States. In the late 1930s, the "Kajastus" Association joined the Finnish American League for Democracy.
1 linear inch (6 folders)
- Finnish American communists Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finnish American socialists Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finnish Americans -- New England. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finnish Americans -- New Hampshire -- Milford -- Political activity. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finnish Americans -- New Hampshire -- Milford -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area