Kaleva Summer Camp (St. Louis County, Minnesota) records
Records consist of camper applications, health certificates, insurance forms, legal papers, financial records, receipts, and correspondence pertaining to the Kaleva Summer Camps held by Finnish American organizations around northeastern Minnesota during the 1940s-1950s.
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
The Kaleva Summer Camp was a one week camp for approximately 50 young people held at various sites in northern Minnesota in the 1940s and 1950s sponsored by the Knights and Ladies of Kaleva Lodge in the United States and Canada.
5 linear inches
Collection acquired from David Kess of Virginia, Minnesota in 1985.
Kaleva Nuoriso Chapter, Ely, Minnesota, Records (IHRC1160)
- Festivals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finnish Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Labor Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sports Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Youth Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area