Kauls Family papers
The history of the Teodors (1872-1954) and Sara (1879-1959) Kauls family, "Flight to Freedom," traces the family's odyssey from Ukraine to Michigan and Minnesota. The Kauls moved from Ukraine in 1910, to Riga in 1924, to Czechoslovakia. Following World War II, they immigrated from a displaced persons camp in Wurzburg Germany to Michigan and Minnesota. Photographs are also included. The story is told by Gloria Kauls.
- Kauls family. (Person)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
1 linear inch
- Family History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Latvian Americans -- Michigan. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Latvian Americans -- Minnesota Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Refugees -- Latvia. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Refugees. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English