Finnish Socialist Chapter, Gardner, Massachusetts records
Records (1905-1966) of the Gardner, Massachusetts Finnish Socialist Chapter Archive consist of chapter minutes and minutes of the chapter's suborganization.
- Gardner, Massachusetts Finnish Socialist Chapter. Archive. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
The Gardner, Massachusetts, Finnish Socialist Chapter was founded in 1905 as an independent workers' club. Shortly thereafter it joined the Finnish American Workers' League Imatra, a shortlived nation-wide movement patterned after the Imatra Society of New York. The League promoted mutual aid and cultural activities. The Gardner group left the Imatra League in 1906, joined the Socialist Party, and became a Finnish Socialist chapter of the Finnish Socialist Federation. The suborganizations of the Gardner Chapter included a drama society, entertainment committee, sewing circle, band, choir, lending library, young people's league, and a gymnastics group.
4 Linear Feet
4 microfilm rolls
- Ethnic theater. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finnish American socialists Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finnish American theater Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finnish Americans -- Massachusetts -- Gardner -- Political activity. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Halls -- Massachusetts -- Gardner. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area