Berman Family records
Sarah and Alexander Berman family history (1868-1947) consists of a genealogy and narrative history that traces members of the family from their origins in Lithuania to their arrival in Minneapolis, Minnesota in the early 1890s.
- Berman Family (Organization)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
1 linear inch
Collection acquired from Reuben Berman in 1992 and Ruth Berman in 1999.
- Family life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Immigration issues Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jewish Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lithuanian Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area