Latvian Relief Fund of America, Inc. records
Records (1955-1969) of Amerikas Latviesu Palidzibas Fonds (Latvian Relief Fund of America, Inc.) consist of a loose-leaf notebook with brochures explaining insurance plans, and minutes and related materials of relief fund board meetings.
- Amerikas Latviesu Palidzibas Fonds (Philadelphia, Pa.). (Organization)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
Amerikas Latviesu Palidzibas Fonds (The Latvian Relief Fund of America, Inc.) was founded in 1952 and is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. As of 1972, it had about 12,000 members in the United States and Canada. The Fund provides Latvian immigrants with life and health insurance plans through a mutual assistance foundation. It also provides welfare services to elderly and impoverished Latvian Americans.
2.5 linear inches
- Friendly societies. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Insurance, Fraternal Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Latvian Americans -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area