Arturs and Emilija Grigors papers
Correspondence, personal documents, newspaper clippings, materials pertaining to the Grigors' activities in the Latvian scouting movement and to the Latvian community in Michigan.
- Grigors, Arturs and Emilija (Person)
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
Emilija Grigors was born August 27, 1911 in Latvia, immigrated to the United States after WWII as a displaced person, settled in Grand Rapids, Michigan, gained US citizenship in 1973. Arturs Grigors was born on June 2, 1907 in Riga, Latvia, immigrated to the US as a DP after WWII, died January 6, 1967.
2 Linear Feet
- Displaced persons Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Latvian Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scouts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Arturs and Emilija Grigors papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area