Clara C. Grillo papers
Papers (ca. 1928-1977) of Clara (Corica) Grillo include newspaper clippings; a transcript of an interview with her; correspondence between her husband Dominic Grillo and Eduardo Migliaccio (Farfariello); articles on Italians in Cleveland, Ohio, and the International Institute of Cleveland; and correspondence, playbills, and financial records pertaining to theater, films, and vaudeville.
- Grillo, Clara C. (Clara Corica). (Person)
Language of Materials
English, Spanish, and Italian
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
Clara (Corica) Grillo was born in Cleveland, Ohio, of Sicilian parents. She graduated from Ohio State University with a major in education, and received a master's degree in French and Italian from Western Reserve University. She then went to work as a nationality secretary at the Nationalities Services Center (formerly the International Institute) where she organized clubs for Italian girls and taught classes for new immigrants. In 1934, she married Dominic Grillo, a theater impresario; they later moved to California. Clara Grillo received the American Italian Historical Association "Leonard Covello Award" in 1974, an annual prize given for the best article in the field of Italian American studies.
1 Linear foot
Collection acquired from Ms. Clara Grillo of Santa Monica, California in 1974-1978.
- Italian American theater. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- Ohio -- Cleveland. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Motion pictures Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Vaudeville. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Clara C. Grillo papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area