Mary Mantis papers
Papers (1953-1987) of Mary Mantis comprise newspaper clippings, brochures, newsletters, reports and bulletins pertaining to Greek Americans and Greek American organizational activity. Included are a guide and questionnaire to an oral history collection project entitled "Arete: The Memories of Greek American Women"; correspondence, reports, and minutes of the St. Paul (Minn.) chapter of the American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA); miscellaneous AHEPA publications; books, pamphlets, and newsletters about the political situation of Cyprus; correspondence of the Daughters of Penelope chapters in Hibbing and St. Paul, Minn.; and miscellaneous newspaper clippings, postcards, and photographs relating to Greece and Greek Americans.
- Mantis, Mary. (Person)
Language of Materials
Mainly in English; some items in Greek
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
17 linear feet
- Greek Americans -- Minnesota -- Hibbing -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greek Americans -- Minnesota -- Saint Paul -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Personal narratives. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Mary Mantis papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area