Vincent Massari papers
Papers (1895-1976) of Vincent Massari (1898-1976) include biographical materials, correspondence relating to his civic activities, his travel agency, his work as a legislator, the Columbian Federation, L'Unione, the Ludlow Massacre of 1919, his work as a notary public, scrapbooks, and newspaper clippings. Correspondents include Frank Mancini, Giovanni Massari, Gaetano Venditti, Zopita Valentini, Ettore Chiariglione, Egidio Clemente, Girolamo Valenti, Carmelo Zito, Alberto Tarchiani, and and Giovanni Schiavo. Also included are correspondence and records relating to the newspaper L'Abbruzzo-Molise and to Lega Patriottica Italo Americana.
- Massari, Vincent, 1898-1976 (Person)
Language of Materials
Italian and English
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
Vincent Massari (1898-1976) was born in Luco nei Marsi, Aquila, Italy, and came to the United States in 1915, following his parents to Pueblo, Colorado. His father was a coal miner and union organizer, involved in the 1914 Ludlow Massacre. Vincent was also active in organizing Colorado mine workers, was in the Columbian Federation, editor and publisher of the Federation's newspaper, L'Unione, a notary public, proprietor of the Massari Travel Agency, and an anti-fascist. He was active in Colorado politics, serving as state representative and senator; in that capacity, he was instrumental in establishment of the University of Southern Colorado, a four-year college.
5 Linear Feet
A related collection at the IHRCA is Papers of Egidio Clemente.
- Anti-fascist movements -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian American labor leaders. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian-American newspapers. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legislators -- United States -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Vincent Massari papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area