Skip to main content

Myron Leskiw papers

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: IHRC1366

Abstract

Papers (1946-1958) of Myron Leskiw (1909- ) include correspondence, newspaper clippings, leaflets, and brochures. Personal correspondence largely pertains to the Ukrainian American community and its fight against communism, and to Ukrainian community activities. Also included are reports, newsletters and other materials of the Ukrainian Congress Committee of America.

Dates

  • 1946-1958

Creator

Language of Materials

English and Ukrainian

ACCESS RESTRICTIONS

Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.

OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS

This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.

For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.

HISTORICAL SKETCH

A political activist and technical inspector, Myron Leskiw (1909- ) was born in Pidtarkiv, Ukraine. After coming to the United States, he studied at Newark College of Engineering and at Rutgers University. He worked for Western Electric Co. (Kearny, N.J.), and served during World War II in the United States Army. Leskiw served as an officer in organizations such as the Ukrainian National Association and the Republican Heritage Groups Federation of the State of New Jersey. He was active in political campaigns from 1948-1972. He was also a founder and board member of "The Heritage Review" newspaper.

Extent

2 linear inches

Title
Inventory of the Myron Leskiw papers.
Author
IHRC Archives
Date
2016
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding Aid in English

Collecting Area Details

Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area

Contact:

612-625-4800