Northern States Cooperative Guilds and Clubs (Superior, Wisconsin) records
Records (1930-1969) of the Northern States Cooperative Guilds and Clubs, Superior, Wis. include scrapbooks; notebooks relating to publications; receipt ledgers; financial records; newsletters; minutes; membership lists; correspondence; and by-laws.
Language of Materials
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
Northern States Cooperative Guilds and Clubs was organized in 1930 in Superior, Wisconsin as the Northern States Women's Cooperative Guild. The Guild was a federation of local women's cooperative groups in the Central Cooperative Wholesale area and functioned as an auxiliary to it. It was the first organization of its kind in the United States. It organized summer youth camps, promoted the cooperative movement with fair booths and other projects, and served as a contact between homemakers and the cooperative's commodity program. In the early 1930's up to 70 guilds were affiliated with the organization, but in the 1940's membership began to decline. The organization was disbanded in 1969.
4 Linear Feet
- Cooperative societies -- Wisconsin -- Superior. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finnish American women -- Societies and clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finnish American women -- Wisconsin -- Superior -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finnish Americans -- Wisconsin -- Superior -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Northern States Cooperative Guilds and Clubs (Superior, Wisconsin) records.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English