Howard E. Molisani papers
The E. Howard Molisani Order Sons of Italy in America Collection (1920-1987) consists of records of the Supreme Lodge, the New York Grand Lodge, and materials pertaining to labor and labor organizations, along with personal papers. Records of the OSIA Supreme Lodge include convention records (1985-1987), council minutes (1980-1987), National Foundation minutes (1976-1985), materials of the Garibaldi-Meucci Museum Commission (1975-1987), and materials pertaining to National Italian American Coordinating Association (1978-1984). Records of the OSIA New York Grand Lodge include convention materials (1977-1987), council minutes (1980-1984), State Foundation records (1984-1986), and correspondence (1978-1987). Other OSIA materials include records and photographs pertaining to local lodges. A large part of the collection pertains to Italian American labor and labor organizations. Represented are the Italian American Labor Council (1965-1980); the Italian Labor Center (New York City), with recordsincluding minutes (1920-1954), financial records (1929-1967), and correspondence (1929-1987); the ACIM (1973-1987); the AFL-CIO (1977-1985); International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union Local #48; and AMICO (1985). Other materials in the collection pertain to Boys Town of Italy (1944-1964), the Federal Advisory Committee on Immigration (177-178), the Catholic Interracial Council of New York (1978-1979), and trips Molisani took to Italy to visit labor, government, church, and earthquake relief groups. Also included are issues of Giustizia, and photographs.
- Molisani, E. Howard, 1911-1987 (Person)
Language of Materials
Mainly in English; some items in Italian
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
E.Howard Molisani (1911-1987), a labor leader, served the Order Sons of Italy in America, Supreme Lodge, as a member of the National Foundation and the Garibaldi-Meucci Museum Commission.
5 Linear Feet
- Italian American labor leaders. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- Charities. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- New York (State) -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Howard E. Molisani papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English