Order Sons of Italy in America, New Jersey Grand Lodge records
Records of the Order Sons of Italy in America, New Jersey Grand Lodge (1920-1987) consist of grand convention records (1960-1987), grand council minutes (1962-1986), membership lists (1970-1986), per capita records (1977-1978), financial reports (1970-1985), by-laws (1920), orphanage records (ca. 1920s), banquet booklets (1952-1986), state and local lodge officer lists, photographs (1924-1966), newspaper clippings, and a scrapbook (1962-1972). Includes photocopy of "A Historical Account of Asbury Park Mount Carmel Lodge no. 1215," by Ernesto Castelluci.
- Order Sons of Italy in America. New Jersey Grand Lodge. (Organization)
Language of Materials
English and Italian
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
The Order Sons of Italy in America, New Jersey Grand Lodge was chartered in 1911, the second lodge in OSIA. In 1923, the Grand Lodge opened an orphanage in Nutley that functioned until 1970.
5 linear feet
- Italian Americans -- New Jersey -- Charities. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- New Jersey -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Orphanages -- New Jersey -- Nutley. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Order Sons of Italy in America, New Jersey Grand Lodge records.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area