Joseph A. Montemarano papers
The Joseph A. Montemarano (Order Sons of Italy in America) collection (1974-1987) consists of Supreme lodge materials including convention records (1981-1987), council minutes (1980-1986), foundation documents (1980-1986), reports of the Garibaldi-Meucci Musem and of the Commission on Social Justice (1980-1986), and records of the 1981 visit to the Italian earthquake region. New York Grand Lodge records include convention records (1974-1987), council minutes (1971-1986), and papers of State Commission on Soc ial Justice chapters, Golden Lion Awards Dinner, Bene Ameritus Awards, credit union, state foundation, membership reports, resolutions, and lists of Grand Venerable activities. Also included are several local lodge histories and non-OSIA documents including those for the Columbus Citizens Club (N.Y.), St. Francis Hospital (N.Y.), and Coalition of Italian American Associations (NY), as well as photographs and copies of The Golden Lion (1981-1985).
- Montemarano, Joseph A. (Person)
Language of Materials
Mainly in English; a few items in Italian
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
Joseph A. Montemarano served as OSIA New York Grand Venerable (1981-985), as 1st Assistant Grand Venerable (1977-1981), and as Grand Recording Secretary (1973-1977).
12 Linear Feet
- Earthquakes -- Italy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ethnological museums and collections. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hospitals. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- New York (State) -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Joseph A. Montemarano papers.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
- Box: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 8 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 9 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 10 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 11 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 12 (Mixed Materials)