Order Sons of Italy in America, Christopher Columbus Lodge No. 1199 (Charleston, West Virginia) records
The Order Sons of Italy in America, Christopher Columbus Lodge No. 1199 (Charleston, W.V.) was founded in 1923. Records consist of membership applications (1922-1971), dues payment ledgers (1943-1977), financial and banking records (1933-1977), Mortuary Fund membership cards (1934-1977), minutes of the House Committee, lodge meeting minutes (1926-1949, 1962-1977), individual insurance policies, correspondence, and Grand Convention records (1951-1977).
- Order Sons of Italy in America. Christopher Columbus Lodge No. 1199 (Charleston, W.V.). (Organization)
Language of Materials
Italian and English
Open for use in the Elmer L. Andersen Library reading room.
OWNERSHIP & LITERARY RIGHTS
This collection may be protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials. Researchers may quote from the collection under the fair use provision of the copyright law.
For further information regarding the copyright, please contact the IHRCA.
7 Linear Feet
A related collection at the IHRC is Records of Eugene Costa Order Sons of Italy in America collection.
- Italian Americans -- West Virginia -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Inventory of the Order Sons of Italy in America, Christopher Columbus Lodge No. 1199 (Charleston, West Virginia) records.
- IHRC Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding Aid in English
Collecting Area Details
Contact The Immigration History Research Center Archives Collecting Area